Voting

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

for corrie......

ok girl...how interesting that I should read your comment at the precise moment I am currently laughing at something and signed into my blog because I "have GOT to blog this!"

Tonight, we are sitting here in the living room. We don't have any cable, so we are very limited in what we are watching these days...*side note: not a bad thing:)...and Luke, Jordan, and Peyton are sitting here watching Ace Ventura 2 while I am working on the computer. Well...I was working! So....its the beginning of the movie, and if you have not seen this movie, I will give you a very brief synopsis because it pertains to the story.
Ace, while trying to rescue a raccoon from a mountain top, loses his grip on the animal and it falls to its death, therefore leading him to go live with monks due to his grief and guilt. Someone comes to get him from the monastery for a job and while on the plane to the job, the stewardess says to him, "Nuts?" His reply is something close to, "no thanks, I have one...." and she says to him, "NO...Nuts?" while holding out a bag of peanuts. .....the movie goes to commercial and Jordan climbs on Luke's lap and asks a few questions about what happened to the raccoon...while explaining, Luke also explained about the monastery and why he went to live there....her reply....."is that what happened to him then? because he was really smart and then something happened because he forgot what nuts are"
Maybe you had to be there, but it took me a good long time to stop laughing under my breath.
Luke just picked her up and said, "oh, my sweet Jordan....my sweet, innocent little baby girl"
I love having kids....it is never, ever boring!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Too funny! Your life is definitely never, ever boring!