Voting

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

a cute message...

so, in light of recent events with out home...I have been forced to weed out the junk! yeah! I am glad about that, believe it or not. Well, in doing so, I found myself in my closet. As I began to go thru things and pick what to put away and what to throw away, I came accross my old high school yearbooks. I have not been good about keeping in touch with old friends, but I do have a girlfriend that I still talk to on the phone and visit with.

I began flipping through one yearbook and reading some of the messages from my friends of old...and found myself laughing hysterically at one particular message from P. (my friend) She had big dreams of going into the airforce and doing lots of grand things with her life that did not include becoming someone's slave and life giver, i.e. wife and mom. At least not right away. In my yearbook, she wrote, "....hope you do great things and make all your dreams come true, even if it IS only becoming a wife and mother!" This is funny to me because, yes, those were my dreams. I never had big career goals...I never wanted to be a doctor, or a lawyer, or anything for that matter except a good wife with a good husband and a mommy. And guess what? I achieved my goals! I am a good wife, and I do have a wonderful husband, and I am a mommy...times 5.

So, whatever happend to P? She is a wife, with a good husband, and a mommy....times 3! She never did go to the airforce, but she did lots of other wonderful things with her life. And, just like everyone else I know, she has had tough times and good times, but when it comes down to it....she loves being a wife and a mom!!! See, P? My dreams weren't so funny and crazy as you thought!

No comments: