Voting

Friday, March 12, 2010

dance like theres no tomorrow

so....my oldest is going to try out for the drill team....yikes!

A) I'm having a hard time with the fact that she is STARTING HIGH SCHOOL!!!!

B) hello! i am NOT old enough to have a highschooler!!!!

C) Hello! I am NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A HIGH SCHOOLER!!!!

actually, that statement is far from the truth because my mom was 30 when I started high school and I am, well.....uh.....definately older than that!
But still......high school? really? already?? Add to that my youngest will be starting kindergarten! I will have no kids home! (yay!)...not really. I am actually sad about that. for now. we will see if that changes once I am free to run naked thru the house between the hours of 7:15 and 3:15!! heheh....

Anyway...back to drill team. Did you know that it is ridiculously expensive to entertain crowds of people at football games using the medium of dance? yes....it is $835.50 to be a part of the drill team. And DO NOT forget that .50....because that is one less can of coke I get to purchase. Is it me or is this just nuts?? I get it. they need costumes, boots, hats, gobs of makeup, etc....i know! But dang! it is either....I take up a second job and my hubster gets a few more jobs to pay for this, or she does not get the experience. SUCKS! And, I will do whatever it takes to come up with that money, because, well, thats what we do. But ok...again. DANG! $835.50????? Can I get a detailed summary of exactly what our taxes pay for?????

No comments: