Voting

Friday, May 11, 2007

so, just thought i'd post a thought today...I have been consumed with my relationships lately. Partly because I spoke last weekend at a mother, daughter, sister "tea" at church and was doing a little research and prayer on the subject. But it got me thinking about my own relationships and just a quick observation. Since its pretty much proven that our relationships are the most important think to most people...as far as what they say, why is it that our relationships are the first thing we take for granted? Whether it is our relationship with God, our spouse, our children, or our friends....when things are going well, we just let them slide. maybe its because we know they will be there when we need them...but the bigger question is, are we there for them when they need us? Are we in tune with them enuf to know??? Sometimes I am not. I hate to say it, but I get so wrapped up in my own little world (inside my home) that i am oblivious to the lives of those who are "most important" to me. I hate that about myself. This is one thing i need to work on. But it is more than just being able to be there for my friends, etc....it is about balance. That is the key I think. So, this is what i want to work on. Balance. I want to have that in my life. I think that will make my world spin in a nice even rotation and not in spurts like it is now. Wanna try it with me??? Give me some imput on what works for you....I'd sure like to get some fresh, new ideas!

No comments: